Firstly, I started a sale in the hair accessories section in my Etsy shop beginning today at noon central time and going until Aug 31, 2011. Its 10% off all hair accessories!
I used Etsy on Sale to carry out my sale. We'll see how it goes!
Also, I've noticed the Etsy forums have quieted a bit from the frenzy it was last week after Etsy decided to change the default search from the most recently listed items to the most relevant items displayed. There are still people complaining, but that's what people do.
I'm sure most people spent the majority of the weekend changing item titles and tags around to be more 'relevant'. I've been doing it a little bit, but I didn't really notice any change after the default search was changed. I still have only one sale, and I still have low views. I'm not giving up, though. I still think I can make this work. Hopefully things will pick up after August. I keep hearing how August is the worst month for sales. We'll see.
I know I need to do some advertising, but scraping up that money is difficult.
Anyway, until later.
kbai
No comments:
Post a Comment