Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Slowly......slowly

I've been slowly adding more products to my Etsy store.  I'm confident that eventally, I'll be selling things.  Right now, I haven't sold anything, except for one item that I made and posted a picture of on my Google+ account.  I originally made it for a family member, but a gentleman on Google+ saw it and wanted it.  So I went ahead and set it on Etsy and he bought it from there.  Not a single transaction has happened since then. Its been about 2 months.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal.  I think business will pick up eventually.  I've been running out of ideas for crochet items that don't take forever.  Here are a few of the items I have added recently:





Etsy
quirkyandquacky




Mostly ribbons and hair clips, but also a few crochet items.  I'm pretty sure crochet items don't sell all that great on Etsy.  I wonder why.  I guess maybe its because crochet is so easy and it doesn't take long to learn so anyone can do it.  Or maybe crochet makes people think of old ladies and its not fashionable to be reminded of old ladies!



I also have a www.madeitmyself.com account. This service seems to be free at the moment, but I can see that they will probably charge in the future. I have a few things up on there at the moment, but nothing extraordinary. I probably should get on getting more stuff on there.









I wonder what people think of my hair ribbons clips. I bet some people think they might be too bulky looking. I think they're way awesome, and if I had somewhere to wear them, like a party or a show, I totally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment