Monday, September 19, 2011

Recycling/Upcycling

Today is 'talk like a pirate' day.  In observance, I posted an Alestorm video on my Tumblr.

Also, Alestorm > Swashbuckle.

With that out of the way, the newest items in my Etsy shop, Handmade of Awesome, are upcycled and recycled items. I recently decided to start making plarn (plastic yarn from grocery store plastic bags) to help with producing less waste. Because, hey, if it isn't in the landfill, its being used and that's way better.

So check out this first thing I made with the plarn - its a hair clip and I think it came out pretty awesome. And I can sell it for cheap because the materials are practically free!

The other two newest items are recycled paper with embedded marigold seeds.  This way, gardening is easier and faster.  You don't have to worry about planting each individual seed, you can just put the whole sheet of paper in the ground, a planter, or cut it to size for whatever you want.  I do have other seeds and, like, a ton more paper, so be looking for more!

And don't forget, Halloween is coming up! Make sure you look really cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment