Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some thoughts about crochet patterns


Crochet Patterns

Following crochet patterns is pretty easy if you know the terminology.  I'm not going to go into it here, because its all over the internet if you need to learn it (that's how I learned) and that's not what I'm here for right now.

Some people are weird about gauge and hook sizes for crochet patterns.  I'm not. I don't really care about gauge or hook sizes.  I prefer to 'eyeball' it.  I don't want to have to be concerned about whether or not I have the correct size hook or the right weight of yarn.

I generally ignore the guage on crochet patterns and work with what I have available. If it doesn't look right, I'll unravel what I've done and start again with a different sized hook or different weight of yarn. Its not a huge deal.

I guess I just don't understand why people get so uptight about it.  I'm about to post the very first pattern I made and I'm not going to include the gauge for it. I don't want to hear any bitching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment