Making blog updates with more than one subject probably isn't the way to go, I think. But here's another one:
So, did anyone else get invited to this Christmas Connections craft show in Ohio? Christmas Connections.
A woman by the name of Gina Mullin sent an email to me saying that she had heard of my items and thought that I would be a good fit for this craft show. (its not strictly a craft show, they allow commercial sellers, as well).
When I received the email, I thought it was worded kind of strangely, so much so, that I got my boyfriend to read it to see if he thought it sounded legit or like spam. He seemed to think it sounded spammy as well, but I went ahead and searched the internet and found the website.
The website looks legit, and I replied to the email asking for more info and I also asked how she had heard of my items. I took a look around the exhibitors listed on the website and saw that some of them linked to Etsy stores. I figured that's how she found out about my items.
It turns out, Gina's mother had seen my items and told her about them.
I'm afraid that I won't have enough items to attend this show, but am seriously considering it for next year. I didn't even start making my items until a few months ago, and there's no way I will have enough by the time this show rolls around. Plus, travelling to Ohio isn't cheap.
So, I am considering this show for next year. Maybe someone could tell me how they like it if they've ever sold there before?
I'm actually starting to gear up and start making more things so I can start attending craft shows and festivals starting next year. I'm really excited to start doing this and meeting new and exciting people!
It'll be just like with my boyfriend's band when they tour, only instead of people drinking themselves stupid, they'll be nicely perusing items and not spilling alcohol all over themselves.
I've also been working on my website: Handmade of Aweosme. I've added a few things and fixed some aesthetic issues. I'm thinking of adding maybe a forum area or an online indicator for when I'm online so maybe people can ask me questions or order some items. Still not sure on what I want to do yet.
And lastly, I want to mention Jux. Jux is super awesome and I'm very excited to have found it. One of my 'professors' (they're actually called facilitators) introduced me to Jux and I've been loving it ever since. Check out my Jux account. Its awesome for showcasing my items, but I can totally see other way awesome uses for it, as well. I'm excited to see how it develops and grows!
And if you like Tumblr, you can come see me over there, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment